On 04/19/2013 02:46 AM, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
Sam Edwards <cfswo...@gmail.com> wrote:

This change only affects malformed fonts that have glyphs with splines
that go above the maximum ascent as specified in the font's hhea/os2
table. For that reason, any tests for this change would have to include
a malformed font, so I did not write tests. If we want in-tree tests,
we'll need to figure out how to include a malformed font to test against.

Please add a test case, Wine test suite already includes custom fonts,
you can either use an existing font, or add a new one.

As I understand it, some fonts deliberately have glyphs larger than
their metrics bounding boxes.  Clipping them is almost certainly not a
good idea.