From: shakespeare-at-winedale-email-l...@googlegroups.com
<shakespeare-at-winedale-email-l...@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of James Ayres
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2021 11:19 AM
To: Madge Darlington <mmdarling...@gmail.com>
Cc: Shakespeare List Serv
<shakespeare-at-winedale-email-l...@googlegroups.com>; Shakespeare at Winedale
1970-2000 alums <winedale-l@lists.wikimedia.org>; Willy Shakes
<winedale5...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Winedale-l] Toasting Robert Faires

Who is Robert? what is he,

    That all our swains commend him?

Holy, fair, and wise is he;

    The heaven such grace did lend him,

That he might admirèd be.

Is he kind as he is fair?

    For beauty lives with kindness.

Love doth to his eyes repair,

    To help him of his blindness;

And, being helped, inhabits there.

Then to Robert let us sing,

    That Robert is excelling;

He excels each mortal thing

    Upon the dull earth dwelling;

To him let us garlands bring

Thank you Robert for all that you have done for Shakespeare at Winedale and
Camp Shakespeare!

Love,

Doc

On Sep 20, 2021, at 10:11 PM, Madge Darlington <mmdarling...@gmail.com
<mailto:mmdarling...@gmail.com> > wrote:

Robert's wife Barbara Chisholm Faires and his daughter Rosalind hosted a
surprise toast for Robert this evening at the Vortex Theatre in Austin, and
Robert was genuinely surprised and delighted. Robert is leaving his position as
the Arts Editor for The Austin Chronicle after 35 years! You really cannot
overstate his contribution to the Austin Arts community in those years. His
-30- column will run on Thursday in the Chronicle. I'm looking forward to it
and will post here.

So proud that we share Robert in this Winedale community and grateful for the
ways he has used his platform to highlight Shakespeare at Winedale over the
years.

I'm really looking forward to reading what's next from you, Robert. Cheers and
congratulations!

Madge

--

Madge Darlington

mmdarling...@gmail.com <mailto:mmdarling...@gmail.com>

(512) 627-6038

Jim (Doc) Ayres

Professor Emeritus, The University of Texas

Founding Director, Shakespeare at Winedale and Camp Shakespeare

Director of Mission, Camp Shakespeare

--
Be vigitant, I beseech you!
---