Trewern, Ben wrote:
> Is there a bug in ZPgSqlQuery when doing filters?
>
> I was trying to set filter to something like: 'name like "a*"' when I
> do this at design time and set Filtered to true I get the error:
> 'Range Check Error'.

Ben,

Shouldn't it look like 'a%' instead of "a*"? The % is the SQL wildcard, 
and Postgres wants to have single quotes around strings. (Double quotes 
are for table and field names and such.)

But I don't know, how Zeos makes up a query from the filter setting, 
and how it can work at runtime with your filter at all, if it was 
actually wrong.

Looking in my own project, I find myself filtering only for
aField = aNumber all the time. For more complicated filters I use 
queries instead and set the WHERE clause accordingly.

Hope that helps,

Christof.
-- 
          gl.aser . software engineering . internet service
       http://gl.aser.de/  . Planckstraße 7 . D-39104 Magdeburg
Tel. +49.391.7 44 77 10 . Fax +49.391.7 44 77 13 . Mobil 0177.77 92 84 3

To unsubscribe mail to 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with 'unsubscribe' as the subject
home page: http://www.zeos.dn.ua

Reply via email to