On 08/09/2017 07:39 AM, adam souzis wrote:
Hi Joe,

Thanks for looking into this, yes you are correct that my machine's kernel version didn't match with what the rpm expected, I discovered this when I tried to build from source. Maybe this error should be fatal or output a message suggesting the expected kernel?

I am not sure how must effort that will require. If anyone has any ideas on how to make this edge case better I am all ears.

For the time being, just ensure you have the right kernel-headers installed for your running kernel and you should be fine.

Have you tried to get your packages to working on an Atomic Host build? When I did, the install failed:

[fedora@atomic~]$ uname -r

4.11.11-300.fc26.x86_64

[fedora@atomic~]$ sudo rpm-ostree install ./wireguard-dkms-0.0.20170726-1.fc26.noarch.rpm

Checking out tree 0715ce8... done

Resolving dependencies... done

Overlaying... done

*error: *Running %post for wireguard-dkms: Executing bwrap(/usr/wireguard-dkms.post): Child process exited with code 8

So I just copied the wireguard.ko and wg binaries over from a regular Fedora 26, did an insmod and things are working, so I'm good for now.

If I get some time I will ask the folks in #atomic what the best method is for adjusting a F26 RPM to work in Atomic. My hunch it is failing when it tries to write the WireGuard files to /usr/src/ which is read only (I think).

Joe

--
Joe Doss
j...@solidadmin.com