It's the same product as the Proxim AP-4000.  If you're using the
Proxim/Avaya equipment, then the AP-4000 is a good upgrade.  The .11G
performance in my testing has been more solid than the performance of
the .11G upgrade kit for the AP-2000 (Avaya AP-3).  Other than that, the
management interface is identical to the AP-2000/AP-3.  Having antenna
connectors for the .11A side is a nice new feature of the 4000s/8s.

--

--Mike

Michael Griego
Wireless LAN Project Manager