-----Original Message-----
From: 802.11 wireless issues listserv
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michael Griego
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 8:50 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] WinXP 802.1x and password changes

Frank,

I very much understood Katy's question.  As for us, this is an issue we
simply have not run into.  I have always seen the XP supplicant re-ask for
credentials if its attempts to use cached credentials fail.  That's why I
provided the link to our setup pages, in case our client setups differed
from hers in any way that could be helpful.  The only time our help desk
staff have had to perform the registry key removal is if they have used
their personal credentials to test authentication and succeeded, causing the
user's laptop to cache those credentials.

--Mike

Michael Griego
Wireless LAN Project Manager
The University of Texas at Dallas