From: Stephen Holland [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tue 6/13/2006 4:00 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] SSL VPN over wireless

I would like to know if anybody is using SSL vpn as an
authentication/encryption mechanism for wireless and how successful they
have been deploying it.

Also, I would be curious to know what other folks think about implementing
802.1x.  Specifically do you believe this is something that will be
required in the next couple of years to support evolving technology like
VoIP phones?.

I'm trying to decide if I should deploy an SSL vpn solution  without
deploying 802.1x.  My instinct tells me to plan for 8021x but I would be
curious to hear what others think.

Thanks

Stephen Holland
Network Engineer
Northeastern University

The WatchGuard Firebox which protects your network detected a message which may
not be safe.

Cause : The file type may not be safe.
Content type : application/ms-tnef
File name    : winmail.dat
Virus status : No information.
Action       : The Firebox deleted winmail.dat.

Your network administrator can not restore this attachment.