We have just moved to the LWAPP with the WISMs.  We've had a few interesting
problems but nothing of this magnitude.  We've only upgraded once so far, to
4.0.179.11, and that went off without problems.  Recently I've enabled them
with WLAN override and rebooted all the 323 APs and they managed to all come up
without a problem (well if you don't include the expected CDP/Injector
problems).

The only major problems we have experienced were after the initial upgrade to
lightweight.  One night, after migration, we noticed about 15 of the APs had
come up the same IP address and an incorrect subnet mask.  As they were either
statically configured or had dhcp previously, this was strange.  We have about
five cases where one would come up with the an IP address on a totally
different network.  And about three cases where we would reboot the AP and have
to wait for about an hour before it actually worked, and stayed working.  None
of these problems have come back since.

At the moment only one AP is having problems and we suspect a power/cable
issue.  Admittedly we only have about about 6 weeks experience with LWAPP in
production.  In the last week we have rolled out a PEAP WLAN to specific
locations without an issue.

Reading these issues that others are having, I consider myself lucky...so far.
:)

The only thing I can suggest is getting one of the APs, connect to it with the
console, and enter debug commands as it boots.  I've done that to verify dhcp
option 43 was being received correctly.

Anthony