Jay,

We picked ARUBA mostly because we know that Wi-Fi will definitely
change with 802.11n, but we needed our dormitories covered NOW.
Aruba provided the cheapest short term solution with their
B/G only APs ($295 list). I presented this to our administration as
"trashable solution" while waiting for next generation Wi-Fi!
On the controller side, Aruba has an upgrade path to support 802.11n.
For PoE, we got PowerDsine injectors, gig capable, in preparation for more
capacity (it seems that 802.3af will be able to feed some of those 802.11n
AP)

A few caveats with Aruba:
-Their new 3.x code was released a little to soon to our opinion...
-Do not plan to use APs in AP mode for Wireless Containment, you need
 dedicated Air Monitor for that (we discovered it later :(
-Position APs on each floor, or the heat map will not show coverage
 on floors that do not have APs
-Documentation could be improved, but their TAC provides what is missing
 in the Doc.

Besides these few items, it works well.

Philippe

Philippe Hanset