*From:* Fishel Erps [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*Sent:* Tuesday, January 08, 2008 3:13 PM
*To:* WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
*Subject:* Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Multiple VPN Connections through home router

Lee,

What device on the inside of your network are the inbound VPN connections terminating on?

Lee H Badman wrote:

Not your typical WLAN question...

We use L2TP/IPSec VPN for remote access into campus for home users, travelers, vendors, etc. Other than secure remote access, we also like to tout this as a way to secure home wireless network sessions for those who don't otherwise turn on their security options. Here's the problem: we have a growing number of cases where multiple (usually 2, like spouses or roommates) users attempt to VPN through the consumer class SOHO routers (wired and/or wireless). When more than one session is attempted, either the first is the only one that works, or the first gets bumped.

We have done some research on units that promise multiple session pass-through (like DLink's WGT624, for example) but are not having luck. So- wondering if others have the same problem with remote users and multiple VPN sessions through the SOHO boxes, and if you have found a model or two that are friendly to multiple sessions (without fixing IP addresses and doing port forwarding/triggering).

Thanks much-

Lee

Lee H. Badman

Wireless/Network Engineer

Information Technology and Services

Syracuse University

315 443-3003

___________________________________
___________________________________
Fishel Erps
Sr. Network Infrastructure Engineer
School of Visual Arts
Work LL: 212-592-2416
Work Cell: 646-201-2766
Fax: 212-592-2243
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
********** Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE Constituent Group discussion list can be found at http://www.educause.edu/groups/. ********** Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE Constituent Group discussion list can be found at http://www.educause.edu/groups/.

--