I won't speak for Bret but considering the cost differential of 11xx
and 12xx models in Cisco, I'm not sure there is a cost/benefit value
of deploying the 1250 at this point?

Fundamentally, the biggest hurdle I see for Cisco's 802.11n strategy
is the fact that you can't use installed 802.3af (POE) infrastructure!
That means that the thousands of ports installed in some environments
can't be used to power the new Cisco 802.11n dual radio APs.

Fine, the new installation can install the new POE Plus (to be?)
standard but at what cost?

It seems that some vendors are supporting bonding multiple POE ports
to provide the POE Plus output required for the dual radio support but
it seems that Cisco has decided not to go this route (at least for now
until they hear from the installed base! :-)

Also wonder what type of mid-span POE 802.3af to 802.3at devices will
exists in the coming year to address this shortfall. Hope there aren't
any patent issues on what should be commodity devices based on
standards.

... Jonn Martell (wearing a consultant hat)
     CWNE
     martell.ca

The cost/benefit