For those interested in wireless usage at other campuses-- we just completed our Spring 2008 study: https://webspace.utexas.edu/xythoswfs/webview/_xy-15536153_docstore1 (temporary) http://www.utexas.edu/its/network/reports.php (permanent and previous reports)

Summary: There were 8 million connect hours in Spring 2008 (64% increase from '07). The trend is toward more frequent sessions and longer sessions (30% increase in an average user's connections, 26% increase in mean connection time). 16K unique users during a day, with 8K peak simultaneous users (not in report). Number of unique users decreased 2.2% (possibly due to a reporting issue -- 4% of data didn't make it to the analysis).

As always, I'd like to hear about other institution's wireless usage. Especially if anyone has reports on how/why people are using wireless. It will be interesting to see what devices like the iPhone will do to operations...

Sorry, the heat map is a custom app and not available.

--
William C. Green                          e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Director, Networking                      phone:   +1 512-475-9295