Have you tried updating the profile using the new version of the iPhone
provisioning tool and then redeploying it?

Jeff

>>> Matt Ashfield <m...@unb.ca> 07/02/09 7:37 AM >>>
As an addendum to this situation...our 802.1x SSID uses EAP-TTLS (PAP) which
is why we had to install a profile onto the iPhone. Similarly our Windows
users have to install SecureW2.

From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:wireless-...@listserv.educause.edu] On Behalf Of Matt Ashfield
Sent: July 2, 2009 10:24 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] iphone 3.0 auto-join problems?

HI

We are receiving complaints from people who have upgraded to the iPhone 3.0
firmware. We operate 2 Wireless SSID's on our campus (guest and regular).
Our Guest ssid is a WPA-PSK that redirects to a portal and our Regular SSID
is an 802.1x authenticated ssid. Users using the Regular ssid had to install
a profile the first time they used it.

Prior to version 3.0 of the iPhone, users devices would remember the last
network they connected to and auto-connect to the Regular network. Now it
does not do that. Instead, it goes like:

To replicate:

- Bring phone out of sleep, it auto-connects to Edge/3G

- Bring up some web app, like Safari

- Normally phone should just auto-join Regular, instead it brings

up the list of available wifi networks (including Regular and Guest).

- Selecting Regular gives the "Are you sure you want to join this

network?" message, as if you're joining it for the first time.

- Picking join exits Safari and takes you to the iPhone wifi settings

screen, where it correctly automatically logs into Regular without

any intervention.

- You exit settings and go back to Safari, Regular works until you

put the phone back to sleep.

Just thought I'd check here. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Matt