I have supported two Meru single channel systems in educational environments;
one in a K-12 school district and the other in higher ed . Both systems were
easy to manage and deploy. One of my favorite tests we ran was using a single
access point and a conference table with 30 laptops edge to edge. We loaded a
video streaming site on each one with a different video selected… then let them
rip. All thirty ran without skipping or needing to cache before starting.

The single channel architecture also allowed the travelling laptop to start up
in one building connected to the wireless network, be put to sleep, then wake
up a new building and connect immediately. Another of our needs was to
supplement our wireless coverage by placing access points on mobile laptop
carts. The single channel system allowed us to not worry about a cart being
started up within range of an existing fixed access point. Instead of worrying
about interference we found that the additional access point simply enhanced
the connection quality.

Rob Fredette
Enterprise & Network Solutions Manager
Nazareth College