From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:wireless-...@listserv.educause.edu] On Behalf Of Philippe Hanset
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2010 11:11 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Vendors contacting list's participants...

Bruce,

The Educause Guidelines mentions "unsolicited commercial communications".
Really, It's up to list subscribers to decide on direct communication's
appropriateness.

Imagine that Apple Inc. posts on this list a bug fix announcement for MacBook
Pro (we can always dream ;-).
That's not commercial, that's technical!

Philippe