All,

I used the iPhone configuration utility to create a .mobileconfig file, as
recommended by apple. Upon double-clicking, it prompts to install the profile,
and you can optionally enter a username and password at that time. Either once
you enter those and finish profile installation, or if you skip entering there
and later enter username and password connecting, either way an entry is added
to the keychain. THEN, if the user changes their password, that keychain entry
is still there and is used, continuously failing auth. Only workaround I've
found is to delete the keychain, which results in user prompted for username
and password, at which point a new keychain item is created.

I think this is more of a keychain behavior problem.....or just a WiFi problem
on the Apple. Regardless, the Mac supplicant's behavior should not try and be
stubbornly using wrong credentials over and over. "That password didn't work?!
Hmm. Maybe I should try it again. Didn't work again? Hmm. Maybe I should try it
again. Dang! How about now? no!?  Hmm.... Now?......"

At this point, Xpressconnect is not an option for us. Also, we can't not do
802.1X. Right now, the only I do I have is bold face text on the WebUI where
users change their password stating that Mac users *must* delete their
keychain, etc.

Additional ideas?

Ryan Holland

On Aug 5, 2011, at 11:06 AM, "Palmer IV, Daniel"