Dan,

That is correct, it usually limits the power to the radio but I'll see if I
can find the doc about what I mentioned. I'd assume that most or some of
your admin ap's are NOT 3502's as you are running 3550 switches and they
don't support the recommended power.  Did you happen to enable data
encryption on the advanced tab of your ap details? If its happening during
peak times the higher encryption could be limiting the throughput and
causing the capwap packets to get dropped. You could always pull out trusty
old wireshark and mirror an ap port for a better indication.

I'm curious as well so I'm just thinking out loud.

Regards,

Craig Eyre
Network Analyst
IT Services Department
Mount Royal University
4825 Mount Royal Gate SW
Calgary AB T2P 3T5

P. 403.440.5199
E. ce...@mtroyal.ca

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of
strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."  Vincent
T. Lombardi