Hello Jeff,

On our central campus, we've installed two WiSM2s several months ago with no
issues or problems. One of the WiSM2s is almost fully loaded with 500 WAPs
while the other in a separate chassis is empty to be used for failover of a
single module.

We are running 12.2(33)SXJ on two 6500s and 7.0.230.0 on the WiSM/WiSM2s (we
have a mix of both modules in each chassis). We have architected the wireless
infrastructure using a 6500 chassis in two separate locations and tied both
chassis together with a port channel, trunking the vlans of the WLANs
configured with GLBP on the L3 interfaces. The fibers between the two locations
are run in diverse paths. On our medical campus, we've configured the wireless
to support that campus in the same manner.

In total, for both campuses, we have 31 controllers (4404s, WiSM and WiSM2s),
~3500 WAPs and growing (mix of anything from 1220s to 3502s) and an average of
16K clients all managed with the NCS (1.1.0.58). We are mainly broadcasting
three SSIDs (802.1x, open that requires vpn connection and guest that is
tunneled beyond our campus edge) in dorms, common areas and classrooms.

Overall, very satisfied with the Cisco wireless gear. Only caveat is that you
need to be running the proper code on all devices. We have found that our
biggest issue is with wireless clients acting badly which is out of our control.

Ed Nelson
Boston University