The problem comes in implementing the ban.

Some institutions allow an anonymous outer identity for the EAP tunnel, which,
so long as it contains enough information for routing can contain an arbitrary
user id. You ban one and the user can just change it and still get access. You
never get to see the inner id unless the homeserver has been configured to send
it back in the Access-Accept.

The best solution is to contact the home institution directly and get their
guys to ban the user. This will be easier once more institutions have adopted
CUI as then there'll be a definitive linking value between a user and a
session. Even without CUI it should still be possible to figure out the inner
ID using timestamps and attributes included in the authentication request(s),
it's just harder to automate the process.

If you're using FreeRADIUS you might want to take a look at the example CUI
configurations, and implement them at the same time as the your eduroam service.

-Arran