A quick response:

The reason I posed the question is that up until the last month, our
wireless network has not been ideal, but stable.  Stability is waning
and those that have looked at the issues conclude that the controller was
not designed to handle what we are putting through it.  We are searching
for options to eek every little bit out of the system until we get our
funding this summer.

I agree with you all concerning authentication and encryption.  When WPA2
and AES became practical, we implemented them, knocked off TKIP and were
solely there until now experimenting.  Regarding 802.1x, When we upgrade,
the entire approach will be overhauled though we have not decided on a
design yet.  It is a consideration.

Thank you all for your feedback.

Jake Barros  |  Network Administrator  |  Office of Information Technology
Grace College and Seminary  |  Winona Lake, IN  |  574.372.5100 x6178