Jake,

AES is definitely what you want to use, and with modern equipment it will
actually
be less intensive on your hardware since there is some key-caching advantage
with 802.11i/WPA2.

But another question is: are you doing PSK for the whole campus?
Giving the same passphrase to all your users? (if you do, don't worry too much
about TKIP VS AES)

I have also heard that some OSes don't deal well with a blank space in the
SSID, but I have never seen this for myself.

Best,

Philippe
www.eduroamus.org