Don't think in terms of "clients per AP". Think in terms of clients per radio,
as some access points have more than one radio. At this point, it depends on
what you're doing. 25 per radio is a good rule of thumb, but for some things we
go as high as 30. For other things, like asking a full classroom to all watch a
video at the same time, 25 per radio is no good at all. 50 is just too many.

You also need to think in terms of clients per rf channel. If you have enough
density, adding radios won't help. You'll need a way to partition the rf space,
so that sets of clients are divided into different rf cells. Using 5ghz can
help with this, but only to the extent that your clients support it.

Sent from my iPad