High density doesn't surprise me very much. We try to track general student wireless device, and this last year and this we had a decent amount (I forget the percentage, but it was non-trivial) that had three wireless devices per person - a laptop, table, and smart phone each. Throw in a wireless game console or media device, and you can easily have far more devices than people. The fact that many of them are always-on, low power, and low speed is just an added bonus.

As for rogue devices, banning all wireless printers would be a good start...

Frank Sweetser fs at wpi.edu    |  For every problem, there is a solution that
Manager of Network Operations   |  is simple, elegant, and wrong.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute |           - HL Mencken