From: Mark Duling [mailto:mark.dul...@biola.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:33 PM
Subject: Re: Controlling Bonjour Zones

Airplay support is a work in progress and there is no location control.  I
don't know if the RFC will bear fruit, but I think individual vendors will try
to come up with their own solutions to gain a competitive advantage.  Aruba has
announced some location-based advertisement thing but it is vaporware at this
point I think.  For those who want building based or other network segregation
models anyway that may be fine, but for those that don't re-architecting a
network for airplay zone control isn't very attractive.

In our case there aren't that many AppleTVs on campus, and we aren't officially
supporting it anyway, so it isn't an issue now.  People understand that it is
experimental but appreciate that it works nonetheless.  The fact that it is
usable and reliable is a great thing, and we'll look forward to see what
developments for zoning come down the pike.

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 7:02 PM, Jason Cook