I seem to remember seeing some discussion a while ago about non 802.1x
capable devices on wireless.  We're a Cisco wireless shop, and currently run
2, about to be 3 (with the addition of eduroam) SSID's.  Is anyone running a
specific SSID for these non-802.1x capable devices?  Perhaps using WEP and
MAC address authentication?  Feel free to contact me off list. I'm just
trying to get some examples of "best practice" (or at least implemented
practices) from other institutions.

               Respectfully,

               Danny Eaton

               Snr. Network Architect

               Networking, Telecommunications, & Operations

               Rice University, IT

               Mudd Bldg, RM #205

               Jones College Associate

               Staff Advisory Committee

               Employee Activities Subcommittee Chair

               Office - 713-348-5233

               Cellular - 832-247-7496

                <mailto:dannyea...@rice.edu> dannyea...@rice.edu

               Soli Deo Gloria

               Matt 18:4-6

G.K. Chesterton, "Christianity has not been tried and found wanting.  It's
been found hard and left untried."