Jason (Third Jason here),

We too have been getting the lean-on from faculty and staff to bring the ATV experience to the classrooms and conference rooms.

To reiterate what another poster asked, your app is just allowing the iDevice to publish the remote ATV to itself locally, right?

My question is, does your app have all of PSU's ATV devices hard-coded into it or served up from a website that your app code connects to?

Is the app simply taking static DNS names or IPs of ATVs and publishing them locally as they are selected in the app thereby forcing the iDevice to resolve them on the network and enumerate them?

I hope I have the concept right. If that's the case then building a simple website that filters by user role, schedule, etc and lets one connect to any ATV on the fly would be great. I suppose you could still require PIN entry on the ATV to restrict access to folks within viewing range.

Anyhow, it sounds promising and I for one am looking forward to the code release. Thanks for such a cool effort.

Jason Watts
Pratt Institute, Academic Computing
Senior Network Administrator