We noticed that the WLAN with band/load-steering enabled had a high report rate
of Macintosh connectivity issues, and the WLAN that did not was trouble free.

I suspect what was happening was this: Mac would initially associate
(Ent-WPA2), then the controller would force it to move to another band and/or
AP. It's at this point (a roam) that the Apple certificate issue would kick in,
and it was hit or miss as to the Mac re-associating or failing. This was
especially problematic when a Mac client was equidistant from two AP's.

Turning off band/load steering pretty much eliminated the bulk of the
connectivity issues, and trusting the certificate solved the rest.

Band/load steering is just problematic because you can never predict how a
client will react to it.

Jeff

>>> On Friday, January 31, 2014 at 10:57 AM, in message
>>> <CAPCnwUdh-=jawm78pjfuu1n9bhs9d_japthbfnwrrgsrbzg...@mail.gmail.com>,
>>> Norman Elton <normel...@gmail.com> wrote:

Interesting. What were the band-steering symptoms? Any way to pin the problem
down to band-steering, or was it trial and error?

Norman