Hi Bruce,

I was referring to the future 802.11ac phase 2 APs.

        -John

On 02/11/2014 07:40 AM, Osborne, Bruce W (Network Services) wrote:
What brand of APs are you using? Aruba APs will only accept PoE from the first
Ethernet port.

Bruce Osborne
Network Engineer - Wireless Team
IT Network Services

(434) 592-4229

LIBERTY UNIVERSITY
Training Champions for Christ since 1971

-----Original Message-----
From: John Center [mailto:john.cen...@villanova.edu]
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2014 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: How many drops 802.11ac phase 2

Hi Philippe,

Another reason for 2 drops is resiliency.  I envision connecting the AP's 2 ports
to a 2-switch stack.  We rarely see the need for redundant power supplies in an
edge switch, but have seen failure on a switch ASIC cause one or more ports to go
dead.  With 2 connections, one switch having issues won't take out the AP.  I think
LAG'g both ports across the stack & supporting LACP will become a future
requirement.

        -John

--
John Center