Unrelated to your question, but I have a comment:
The local AAA baseball team uses one during games.  There is a noticable 2
second lag.   Especially apparent since they use it to put interviews and
announcers on the screen, and it's aways 2 seconds out of sync with sound.
Hopefully the unit your athletics department is investigating does not have
this issue.