We gave up on the upgrades a few versions ago. We have better luck building
a fresh VM with the new PI installed and restoring a backup from the old
version. The following has gotten past the licensing woes two times in a
row.

You will need to open a TAC ticket to Rehost the licenses on the new server
the trick is this open the ticket on line. Provide the VUID of the new
server and say you need to rehost the licenses on this VUID. Attach all the
existing license files to the ticket.

Matt,

--
Matt O'Brien