Yes, we have three Airwave Management Platforms (AMPs) running, each licensed
for 2,500 devices (APs, controllers, even switches if you wish - which we
don't). Excellent reporting. Management lags somewhat behind on Cisco products
-- new product support take a few months to get added. And, a growing number of
lesser-utilized controller settings never quite appear. We just set those
manually via the controller CLI interface (write what is needed and then just
run it against all controllers. If the AMP doesn’t set/monitor a controller
setting, it also won’t destroy it. The AMPs will handle both LWAPPs as well as
IOS APs (we have a handful in remote, T1-connected locations that we might
eventually convert to FlexConnect, though with only 1 or 2 APs in most of these
locations, there is no compelling reason for us to move from IOS at this time
for these).

I will be glad to entertain any questions on our experiences with the AMPs.
Cisco is asks us along to move to PI. But, our sales rep is really good about
not pushing too much for this. We spend a lot of money with Cisco and he seems
to be aware of the problems folks have with PI.

-jcw
              [UA Logo]

John Watters                           The University of Alabama
                                                Office of Information Technology
                                                205-348-3992