From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Thomas Carter
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2015 9:21 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Annual Exercise in Frustration: Printers that do
wireless 1x?

I came from the corporate world a couple of years ago, and there is a similar
need in business. We sometimes just had to say “no” because sometimes just a
temp/quick thing violates policy that may be tied to law (security policies
related to Sarbanes Oxley, for example). Or, depending on who you asked, you
went out of your way to set up a laptop with the printer directly connected and
acting as a temporary print server (not proud of it, but when a CxO asks, you
jump).

Thomas Carter
Network and Operations Manager
Austin College