To Peter's question, ordinarily for no- high bitrate to small screens is not
always an issue- except perhaps in a tight situations such as where you peak
your wire speed and need to start intelligently trimming to save business app
performance.  For the most part adaptive bitrate does work, well, unless you
add bandwidth suddenly and the upscaling overwhelms your other hardware that
doesn't scale to that throughput yet, resulting in dropped packets.   Shaping
to smaller screens might might add up if you weren't caching.

Moving forward, I've been starting to look more at the intelligence and metrics
we can get for planning versus simply managing any given application or IP
address.  For example, should I invest in IPTV?  What devices are users
consuming video on? How many devices are there? How fast are they growing in
number? How can we scale in the mobile world (wifi) and manage for increased
client density, flatter networks smaller chokepoints and more, yet thinner
uplinks (Aps) if my infrastructure investments don't keep up.   That said I
don't like to over-manage bw per se.  I let them go for the most part except
for a few things I need to shape unless there is a problem.   Better insight
about personal devices from all network systems for me helps inform a number of
other decisions.  (MDM, for example, guest management, site design, or
investments in wired infrastructure to name a few.)

Jason, so far I like both devices, but they are very different.  I am by no
means an expert on either; far from it.  Nevertheless, from what I've seen,
Procera is a different idea than you're used to with the PS10000.  Exinda is
very much the same as your PS10K in terms of how it's managed- just a different
interface and a few  differences in information provided.  Procera is more
flexible, I think, but a higher learning curve and I feel it's easier to do
something you didn't mean to do- either by bad policy config, or by accidently
dragging and dropping a whole set of objects someplace it doesn't belong.
Also, in Procera, something can match a policy multiple times, for example.
It's not necessarily bad, just different. Procera is not for the faint of
heart, but it's powerful once you know how to use it.  Both when setup seem to
be pretty much set and forget and both are worth a look.  Right now, Procera
scales to higher throughput, but I think that's a short-term issue unless you
require much more than 10G today.  Exinda is fast and easy to setup, and pretty
much what you see is what you get in terms of reporting etc.  If I'm wrong
about any of this anyone with more experience can correct me.

D?C