So, in the same vein as my email last week...   On a new android phone running
version 5.something, a captive portal is being detected by the device, and it
brings up our login page.  Good so far.  But when they person gets to the point
of downloading the onboarding software or launching the config file, I 'assume'
the limited nature of the captive portal browser is not allowing those things
to happen.  If I close the captive portal browser, and open chrome, everything
works.

I did a packet trace, and noticed a few things it wants to connect to.  I
opened up connectivitycheck.android.com.  Still no luck.

I am attempting to make it so when they connect, a limited browser does NOT
launch, and for them to open chrome manually.  In the past, I haven't seen this
problem, so in the even maddening world of Android (seriously, I have bad
thoughts about what I would do if I had an android developer in front of me),
has anyone seen this so far and figured a way out of it?

I am so tired of constantly chasing google.  I need them to send me a check
(Apple can, too, while they are at it).

Ryan H Turner
Senior Network Engineer
CB 1150 Chapel Hill, NC 27599