From: "Ryan H Turner" <rhtur...@email.unc.edu>
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2015 2:02:01 PM
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Android / Captive Portal / Madness

Thanks. I run my users through pfSense, and not our Aruba controllers, for
onboarding captive portal control (I like separating out the functions in this
instance). I assume it has to be something new with the new OS. HOWEVER, my
tablet (which I have for testing only, otherwise I would use it for a throw toy
for my dog) in a Samsung running 5.0.2, the same version as the Samsung phone,
and it does NOT present a limited captive portal login browser.

Ryan H Turner
Senior Network Engineer
CB 1150 Chapel Hill, NC 27599
+1 919 445 0113 Office