We do have wireless door locks. They use WEP (yes, I know!), so we do MAC
authentication, and we use a separate hidden SSID (which sometimes doesn't
work, so we have to expose it). We also separate them from the rest of our
network on a DMZ behind the firewall and we apply additional access-control
there. They only connect briefly when the sync occurs so their overhead
isn't much, but they're sure a pain to manage, they're very finicky and
they have a myriad of connectivity issues where no other device on our
wireless does. They're so much of a pain that we have decided to go with
the wired ones from now on.

rossella mariotti-jones | network analyst | information technology |
chemeketa community college | p: 503-589-7775 | e: rmari...@chemeketa.edu