From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of David Gillett
Sent: Wednesday, 22 July 2015 6:07 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] SSID jumping with Win 8.1 (Surface Pro 3) on Aruba

  Anybody else seen this?  I've seen devices reconnect to the sane SSID as a
previous session, and I believe I've seen them connect to an SSID that was "the
only one visible."  But twice now, I've seen my Surface Pro 3, in the midst of
logging in to our "primary" SSID, suddenly bring up the login page for our
secondary "guest" Wi-Fi service, to which it had never previously been
connected....
  Is this a Windpws 8.1 (mis)feature?  An Aruba bug?  A quirk of the wireless
interface chip Microsoft chose to use in he Surface Pro 3?
   Or perhaps something else, stranger than I can imagine?

David Gillett CISSP CCNP