On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 11:17:25AM +0000, Osborne, Bruce W (Network Services)
wrote:
> That may be the issue. Our Guest SSID has a portal, but for a while we ran an
> open SSID with no portal.
> With no portal, we quickly found DHCP scopes filling up due to mobile devices
> constantly associating, checking for Internet access as they roamed around
> campus.

Even with a portal, don't devices still get a DHCP lease?  We had to
deal with this by making our subnet and DHCP scope large enough for
any potential mobile devices automatically associating, even if they
didn't have credentials for the portal.