*From:* The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:
WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] *On Behalf Of *Watters, John
*Sent:* Friday, February 26, 2016 9:50 AM
*To:* WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
*Subject:* Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Rogue AP's

We are a Cisco shop that uses the Airwave AMPs for management. We let the
AMPs contain the rogues. It works reasonably well and certainly beats
trying to it do it manually on the controllers. Right now we are seeing
2,279 rogues on our campus with the biggest category being HP printers.

We do have a policy that tells folks not to do this. But, there is really
no penalty to them for ignoring the policy.

On a related note our legal folks are considering whether to let us
continue to try to contain rogues on campus. Has any other campus been told
not to do rogue containment?

-jcw
[image: UA Logo]

John Watters                           The University of Alabama

                                                Office of Information
Technology

                                                205-348-3992