We're beginning to run into this problem as well.  Luckily, eduroam is not our
primary SSID so at
least the critical business functions continue to work fine on a separate SSID.
 My guess is that
we'll end up turning eduroam off at those remote locations if problems get
reported.

In talking with the eduroam admin from the other institution they mentioned
that when this occurs
in Europe the solution has been to change the name of the SSID.  Is this really
allowed?  If so,
I'm sold!  Then we can start using our primary SSID with eduroam credentials!
This is what I
always thought eduroam should have been.  To me the value was always in the
universal credential
*NOT* the SSID name.  That was always a drawback for me especially as
supplicants become easier to
configure.

The other problem that we're going to run into soon is that we will be phasing
out PEAP on our
main SSID to mitigate against the evil twin vulnerability, but what do we do
with eduroam?  I mean
I guess you could say it is the remote institution's problem, or the user's
problem if they
connect to an evil twin on your campus because they're not validating the
server.  But if the evil
twin is on your campus it seems you have at least some responsibility in the
matter.  But as it
stands, eduroam will leave a bit of a gaping security hole for us.

--
Curtis K. Larsen
Senior Network Engineer