I am curious how folks are calculating peak load and number of RADIUS servers
needed to support your eduroam & other 802.1x usage. We currently have a peak
of around 65k of concurrent users across our network. Most of those users are
using a MAC based auth captive portal.

As we begin to steering users to eduroam for on campus use, we are trying to
model load and the number of FreeRADIUS needed to support that load. I know
that there are a lot of variables in answering this question, but I’d really
like to get input and better understand what others are doing.

Feel free to reply either on or off list depending on what you are willing to
share publicly.

Thank you

David

David Morton