 Sent:  Friday, August 26, 2016 4:05 PM
 To:  <mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>
WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
 Subject:  Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Cost effective alternatives to AP-220-MNT-W2A
local Aruba vendor has made some custom 2-gang cover plates modified with
a tile grid type piece for another Campus.  Just mount the adapter plate
and clip the AP similar to a ceiling grid.  It was custom piece at a
"decent" price, but can't recall exactly.  I've used various Oberon
products and they're really nice.  We have some older bldgs with plenum
ceiling that use a steel frame grid with integrated supply ducts.  No
standard grid for clip usage. I've used the Aruba AP-220-MNT-W1 and Aruba
AP-220-MNT-W2 using screws and zip ties.  If the W2 is too costly, a
cheaper options we entertained was to modify the included grid clip adapter
and screw it into the steel plate.  The latter solution was really
difficult to remove so we didn't use it.

For walls, I prefer this solution until I find something better.  #1011-00
http://www.oberoninc.com/products/right-angle-brackets

I contacted Oberon's competitor and their similar model didn't have a
knockout for cable pass-through and had some differences.  This was shortly
after Atmosphere.  Wasn't worth the cost when we had to modify to make it
work.

Lionel