Jeff,

I think that actually advanced EAP methods have turned the corner.
Manufacturers are making onboarding easier.  I think you are under the
impression that configuring a device for certificates is a big process. It
takes most people less than 5 minutes, and they do this once a year.

Just in our area, UNC and NC State, representing over 60,000 students are TLS.
Duke is moving that way.

I haven't spoken to anyone recently even remotely considering PPSK.  I've heard
plenty starting to explore TLS.

Ryan Turner
Manager of Network Operations, ITS
+1 919 274 7926 Mobile