Ian, thanks for the response.
To commiserate it does feel that wireless ecosystem has been affected by a
larger bloom of bugs over the last year or so.
Some of that may be due to enhanced vigilance and our tracking them down to
root causes, but whatever the case, in aggregate it's a concern here as
well.

Another related statistic about this issue.
With ~7000 total APs potentially affected we're seeing an incidence rate
below 1% which although low, it's felt more when you're making
fire-fighting trips to visit/replace affected APs.