From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Danny Eaton
Sent: Tuesday, March 7, 2017 7:20 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] 2.4 vs 5

I see so many IoT devices that are 2.4 only; as well as the students save $30
on the laptop buying it with just the 2.4 radio (but it’s 802.11n!) that many
of them come that way as well.  We’re testing a “Rice Owls” (dual band) and a
“Rice Owls 5 GHz” (uhm, 5 GHz only, of course) in limited areas, and so far,
the results are positive.