Also, I think saying that students "save $30 on the laptop buying it with
just the 2.4 radio" implies an unrealistic degree of involvement in the
technical aspects of buying a new computer. If people thought this way, I
think we would see this problem less often, because everyone loves fast
Internet connections. But those selling the computers are, more than
likely, unable to articulate the benefits of the 5GHz card, if they even
know which computers have them at all.