> On Mar 23, 2017, at 09:06, Williams, Jess <jess-willi...@utc.edu> wrote:
>
> Our campus Facilities department is looking at a wireless lighting control
> system that uses a "Zigbee based" 2.4GHz wireless protocol.

We’ve been getting some similar requests for things like thermostats and the
like.  I’m thinking that the opportunity exists for conversations that go
beyond just frequency band usage and interference avoidance and talking about
what possibilities exist to move these devices to the 802.11 network itself.
Obviously that’s not going to work for every situation but I think we at least
need to try to get ahead of this so that we can be involved in purchasing
decisions/discussions.

--
Julian Y. Koh
Associate Director, Telecommunications and Network Services

2001 Sheridan Road #G-166
Evanston, IL 60208
+1-847-467-5780
Northwestern IT Web Site: <http://www.it.northwestern.edu/>