From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Jeffrey D. Sessler
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2017 11:36 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Basic design question

I echo Lee’s comment.

There is no magic rule here. If WiFi is the secondary (non-production) network,
then a few ap’s may be enough. If it’s your primary network and your users will
be moving a lot of big data, you’ll likely need a more. Cube spaces are
particularly troublesome since ceiling mounted ap’s can see each other, often
requiring a lot of manual tuning.

If the cube farm is static (doesn’t get re-arranged), there may be advantages
to placing the ap’s in the cubes, allowing more density and smaller cells,
using the cubes to limit transmission.

Jeff

From:
"wireless-lan@listserv.educause.edu<mailto:wireless-lan@listserv.educause.edu>"