All,

Trying to clarify here ...

The eduroam annual fee is included in the Internet2 membership, for members.
Non-members are charged a fee of 10 cents per student (IPEDS data) with a
minimum of $400. The one time fee is only applied if you request
a change to the contract (which is being reviewed “as we speak” by many schools
to make it as compliant as possible).

https://www.incommon.org/eduroam/subscribe.html

We (ANYROAM and Internet2) have been announcing since March 2014 that a fee for
eduroam was coming. Every connector has been informed about this fee starting
in March 2014 and has been asked to acknowledge
this coming fee. Internet2 is only charging back for 2016, not for any other
year.
This fee is designed to make the service sustainable. Since 2012, Internet2 and
ANYROAM have been sponsoring and supporting the service without any fee and
from 2009 till 2012 we (employees of ANYROAM)
have supported the service from University of Tennessee.

Thank you for your support of eduroam for all these years,

Philippe

Philippe Hanset
www.anyroam.net
+1 (865) 236-0770