I wanted to get an idea how everyone is handling students bringing in all types
of wireless devices, which are basically access points.  We have so many
printers, TVs, Roku devices, game systems and who knows what else out there in
the student rooms and these devices are causing issues with our campus wireless
network.

Do you allow these devices on your network?  If not, how do you prevent the
students from having them?

I have Cisco wireless controllers where I can block rogue APs but that keeps
the APs which are containing the rogue AP from servicing the clients and I
don't have dense enough coverage to be able to do this for every rogue device.

Thanks in advance
-Steve

Steve Davis | Network Manager
Department of Technology Infrastructure

Lock Haven University
519 Robinson Hall
401 North Fairview Street, Lock Haven, PA 17745
Phone: 570-484-2290 | sda...@lockhaven.edu<mailto:sda...@lockhaven.edu> |
www.lockhaven.edu<http://www.lockhaven.edu/>

Connect with us: Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/LockHavenUniv/> |
Twitter<https://twitter.com/LockHavenUniv> |